In 2002 RGC established an antique rose garden on the grounds of the 1800’s Archibald Smith Plantation. The rose garden, which covers 800 square feet along the main pathway, contains twenty-five varieties of antique roses. RGC also donated a bench for the rose garden.
In 2008 RGC planted a kitchen garden in the area where a historic three-tier kitchen garden had been planted. This was maintained in that area until 2011 when it was moved to a more sunny location beside the cook house. In the spring and fall new crops are planted, and the vegetables are picked and cooked in the cook house during special public cooking demonstrations.
In 2011 the three-tier garden was planted with heritage hydrangeas. This garden continues to be maintained.
In 2014 a perennial garden was planted with daylilies and other plants.
In the spring, the “Plant It Pink” garden is planted with annuals. In 2015 pink blossom azaleas were planted.
The club continues to participate in Fall Farm Days providing children’s crafts, concessions, baked goods and decorations for the festival. The club received the Garden Club of Georgia Public Relations 1st place and trophy for this project in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2nd place in 2012 and 3rd place in 2014.